- 250 grams margarine
- 250 grams sugar
- 200 grams butternut squash puree (I used steamed butternut squash found in the super market)
- 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grounded cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grounded ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded allspice
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
In the mixer bowl, beat sugar with margarine at high speed for 3 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and continue whisking at a medium speed for another 3-4 minutes.
Cover a 13 X 9 inches baking pan with parchment paper and pour the cake mixture into it.
Bake in a preheated, at 180 degrees, oven for 50 minutes. Let the cake to cool down, then cut into square pieces and serve.
You can also decorate the cake with some chocolate glaze.