- 12 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- ½ cup of rice
- ½ cup olive oil + some extra to drizzle the peppers
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 400 grams of grated tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 2 cups of grated cheese (gouda, mozzarella, etc)
In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium to high heat and cook the onion and the garlic for 2′-3. Add the minced meat and cook until it gets pale pink. Add the tomato, the water, the parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Once it comes to boil, lower the heat and cook for 15 ‘. Add the rice, and continue shimmering for another 15 ‘, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, wash the bell peppers and remove their tops and cores. Place them in an oven proof pan and drizzle with olive oil. Fill them with the minced meat and sprinkle some cheese on top of each bell pepper.
Cover with foil or a lid and bake in a preheated oven at 200o for 40 ‘. Open the lid or remove the foil and bake for another 10’ until the cheese gets golden brown. Serve the stuffed peppers, hot!
Check the original recipe here