- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 1 teacup of warm milk
- 1 teacup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
- ½ teacup white raisins soaked in ½ teacup of red wine and then strained
- ¾ teacup of brown sugar
- 1 teacup of whole grain flour
- 3 teacups of all-purposes flour
- 2 teaspoons of grated cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of grated allspice
- 1 teaspoon of grated cloves
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
Ιn a bowl, add the milk, the water, the dry yeast, the butter and the brown sugar. Mix the ingredients well. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
Add the flour, the spices and the raisins and start kneading with your hands. The dough should not stick onto your hands. If it does, add a little more flour. Cover the dough again with the towel and leave it in a warm place for 1-1½ hours to rise.
Divide the dough into 12 small balls and place them in greased muffin liners. Once, again, cover them with the towel, and let them rest for about an hour.
Spray the bread rolls with some water, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake them in a preheated, at 180 degrees, oven for about 25 minutes.